Benefits of Membership
By having a national voice, CUCCOA members are supported in the challenges that they face in growing the business of conferencing at their institutions. Of great value is the vast knowledge that is generously shared among members about the issues facing conference organizers working within educational institutions, from sales and services to day-to-day operations and long term strategic planning.
Through a national marketing strategy, individual members are able to choose initiatives that best target potential clients. CUCCOA members have opportunities to take part in tradeshows and advertise in publications as part of the CUCCOA collective which maximize the effectiveness of those campaigns and stretch limited individual marketing and advertising budgets.
To ensure you are making the most of your membership we strongly encourage you to connect and participate.
Our membership surveys have revealed that members feel this is the best way to maximize the value of the membership fees.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP IN CUCCOA
- Education and professional development opportunities through annual meetings, conferences, speaker series and virtual roundtables, and conferences – at the regional and national level
- Discounts at all meetings and events, including the annual national conference
- Eligible for a bursary to attend the annual national conference
- A complete venue listing on www.ConnectOnCampus.ca
- Access to leading industry suppliers through trade shows and exhibits
- An opportunity to participate in collective regional and national marketing initiatives including advertisements and other pay-to-play opportunities
- Subscription to the CUCCOA Listserve – learn from the experiences of our colleagues from across Canada over this active discussion forum
- Shared resources through our member website, www.CUCCOA.org : Login to access resources including template agreement and contracts, conference archives, and job postings
- Access to our Mentorship Program to be paired with an experienced industry leader within CUCCOA to provide guidance and help navigate the organization to get the most of your membership
- Access to CUCCOA LinkedIn group
- Opportunity to participate as a mentor or mentee with the CUCCOA Mentorship Program
- Subscription to the CLIPS national newsletter and Regional Links : Keep up to date on current trends, association business, regional and national news
- An opportunity to raise your profile in the industry by serving in leadership positions on committees or
on the Board of Directors
- Use of the CUCCOA logo on your corporate publications and materials, increasing your credibility and professional image with your clients
- Inclusion in national marketing initiatives promoting our venues including through tradeshows, fact sheets, and social media posts and campaigns
- An opportunity to attend trade shows under the ConnectOnCampus brand
We strongly encourage attendance at CUCCOA’s annual national conference. This three-day event is held
each fall and rotates between our three regions (Western, Central, and Atlantic). Attendance at this event is
one of the best ways for you to get the most out of your membership. Our conference also provides:
- Professional development relevant to our business
- Programming that often qualifies towards CMP accreditation
- Networking in person with colleagues across the country
- Discussion of topics relevant to university and college conference services operations
- Meeting with sponsors/exhibitors of relevant products and services
- Visit or tour of a host campus