Job Postings > Assistant Manager, Accommodation & Conference Services - York University
Province: Toronto, Ontario
Position: Assistant Manager, Accommodation & Conference Services
Deadline: June 1, 2022
Posted: May 20, 2022
Job Description / Duties
Reporting to the Manager, Accommodation and Conference Services (ACS), the Assistant Manager, Accommodation and Conference Services is responsible for supporting the effective marketing and efficient daily operations of the auxiliary accommodations and conference services, front desk operations and the temporary use of university space (TUUS) that serve university members and external clients. This includes the rental of housing, facilities, provision of other hospitality services and the use of university space. The Assistant Manager works in close collaboration with the Housing & Conference Services team to execute accommodation agreements around student housing occupancies and building project priorities and supervises the York Suites extended stay business operation. The Assistant Manager has a key role in the overall satisfaction of clients by working with partners to establish and meet the requirements and expectations consistent with negotiated service agreements.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- College diploma in business administration, hotel management, hospitality or equivalent.
3 years' experience in business management, hotel management, hospitality, event management, human resource management. experience in marketing, negotiating and writing service agreements. At least 2 years' experience in a supervisory or management capacity, preferably working in a university residential and unionized environment.
- Knowledge of the political environment including ongoing sensitivities required when addressing external client access requests or space utilization requests through Temporary Use of University Space team.
- Knowledge of best practices relating to accommodation and conference services.
- Knowledge of internal and external resources / spaces available for client use.
- Knowledge of Collective Agreements an asset.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy under difficult circumstances.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective report-writing skills.
- Strong computer skills in database and Office365 software platforms. StarRez or equivalent experience an asset.
- Respects diversity and promotes inclusion in the workplace, contributes to an inclusive and diverse team-based, positive work environment. Recognizes diversity of abilities and adapt content, tone, medium, and style to audience to be inclusive. Committed to continuous learning and skill building in diversity, inclusive and cultural competence.
- Normal office environment, however on occasion travel to different buildings on-campus may be required to assess space availability or support front desk staff.
- Required to carry a mobile phone and may be required to respond to emergency situations on occasion outside of normal working hours.
- Occasionally may deal with visitors, students or guests who may sometimes be irate or need to address sensitive issues.
Salary: Hiring Salary Range: $68,960 - $74,862
Apply here: https://jobs-ca.technomedia.com/yorkuniversity/
Braeden Urbanek, Manager, Accommodation & Conference Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ancillary Services provides a wide range of professionally managed campus services and amenities to enhance the student experience and support York University's mission, vision and priorities. With a commitment to sustainability, equity, diversity and inclusion, Ancillary Services works with internal and external partners to provide exceptional experiences and enhance the quality of campus life in alignment with the University's core values.