Job Postings > Director Business Development, Destination Acadia - Destination Acadia - Acadia University
Province: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
Position: Director Business Development, Destination Acadia
Deadline: February 22, 2022
Posted: February 16, 2022
Job Description / Duties
Acadia seeks a dynamic, strategic thinker, with outstanding business instincts, to serve as our Director, Business Development in our Destination Acadia Department. The Director will be a campus leader that identifies, attracts, and services multi-faceted events at Acadia University, aiming to partner with our campus, community, the Annapolis Valley, and maximizing the potential of our venues and amenities. The Director will initiate and lead business development opportunities and diversify Acadia's revenue streams.
Reporting to the Vice-President Finance and Administration, the Director will oversee planning and execution of major university conferences and events by developing a goal-oriented growth strategy focused on both financial gain and exceptional customer satisfaction and experiences.
The Director must be a professional with demonstrated ability to collaborate purposefully and effectively with a broad range of campus constituencies and external stakeholders and partners, to develop and oversee strategies and plans that reflect Acadia's vision and ensures that Destination Acadia continuously grows as a competitor for conferences and events that markets Acadia as a top destination.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- The ideal candidate will have experience in business development/management or project management. Experience in communications, sales, marketing, recreation, event management, hospitality, or other related fields may also be considered.
- The candidate must have demonstrated strategic, operational, and financial management skills as well as the ability to lead a professional unit.
- Superior communication skills, organizational, and administrative abilities is required.
- Must be client-focused, with problem solving, priority setting, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, carry on multiple projects within the same timeframe, and to adapt and be flexible to changing circumstances.
- Creative thinker, action-oriented, and versatile, with ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule which may at times include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
THE REWARDS: Acadia offers a comprehensive benefit package in addition to a starting salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. To see more information on why Acadia is an employer of choice, please visit our website at www.hr.acadiau.ca.
TO APPLY: To apply for this opportunity, visit the job ad here -https://jobs.careerbeacon.com/details/director-business-development-destination-acadia/1760111?utm_source=Acadia+University&utm_medium=widget&utm_campaign=refer&utm_content=1760111&utm_term=jobtitle. Click on the "Apply Now" button and upload your cover letter, resume, and references. For further information or to request a detailed job description, please contact Elektra Papadogiorgaki at email@example.com.
You are an important part of the Acadia community - your thoughts, ideas, and personality matter here. Beyond the ivy-covered academic buildings, awesome residences, incredible sports facilities, and renowned natural environmental research and recreation areas, you will find an international student body, small classes, top-level research facilities, award-winning professors, and supportive alumni. Every second person you meet in the unique shops and cafes of the town of Wolfville, Nova Scotia, will be connected to Acadia and to you. Founded in 1838, Acadia is a primarily undergraduate liberal arts university with a long tradition of academic excellence and groundbreaking innovation. Although our offerings are many, our small size necessitates working across disciplines and including undergraduate students in important research. You will contribute to the outstanding reputation Acadia enjoys - consistent toptier rankings by Maclean's and top marks in the Globe and Mail's Canadian University Report.