Province: Niagara On The Lake, Ontario
Position: Sales & Conference Manager
Deadline: October 1, 2021
Posted: September 20, 2021
Job Description / Duties
Sales & Conference Manager
Niagara Residence - NOTL, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON, CA
*Please note candidate must reside in the Niagara Region. 2 + years experience in a hospitality sales and marketing role with a good understanding of accommodation operations and be passionate about the industry. Selling multiple properties and team based selling experience is an asset.
Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The Sales Manager will be primarily responsible for actively generating sales for the assigned Niagara property and or group of properties. The Sales Manager will be required to meet or exceed the forecasted summer revenues targets and also develop new and existing customer relationships.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
• Generate sales for residence properties to help meet and/or exceed
forecasted summer or other identified targets
• Manage the meeting room and conference facilities that may be
available in the residence or other places on campus as assigned
• Integrate the residence into the community by the way of ensuring
good relations are kept with the local hotel community
• Become a contact for various local membership organizations and
maintaining strong relationships with them; attending events with
membership organizations on a regular basis
• Training other employees to work tradeshows, networking
opportunities and Open House events as needed
• Following-up to leads gained from networking events and
• Provide support/assistance, if requested, for other individual
properties in their sales & marketing efforts
• Generate publicity for the property and issue press releases as
• Identifying new opportunities for sales, marketing & advertising
• Act as a liaison between the property and the institution’s sales
related departments ( marketing & conference departments) to
ensure open lines of communication; working with the institution to
sell & promote the property
• Attend conferences and meetings as required
• Implement all Campus Living Centres policies and procedures in an
organized and timely fashion
• Complete Sales Progress Reports and any other required reports in
a timely fashion
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Health & Safety
• Requires employees work in the manner and with the protective
devices, measures and procedures required by the OHSA,
regulations and Campus Living Centres (e.g. wearing safety shoes,
confining hair, jewelry or loose clothing around moving parts, etc).
• Ensures employees are advised of and trained on the existence of
any potential or actual danger to their health or safety of which the
supervisor is aware.
• Ensures every precaution reasonable in the circumstances is taken
for the protection of an employee.
• Supports a safe work environment that is free from any violence or
• Reinforces and demonstrates a positive “health and safety” attitude
and working climate and holds information sessions with staff on
health and safety issues.
• Develops an effective working relationship with JHSC members and
supports their role.
• Performs informal workplace inspections daily and formal
workplace inspections quarterly, including staff observations.
• Makes every reasonable attempt to resolve any employee health
and safety concerns.
• Conducts effective Incident Investigations and reviews all forms,
ensuring these are discussed at management meetings.
• Corrects any substandard or unsafe acts or any unsafe conditions
and informing superiors of concerns
• Ensures that a maintenance program for any equipment and
machinery in the workplace is carried out.
• Implements emergency plans when necessary and ensures that
employees have been properly trained to comply.
• Regularly evaluating employee performance and providing periodic
feedback with respect to health and safety.
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
• Performance Objectives & Targets
• Inter-Personal Skills
• Business & Financial Acumen
• Self Development and Appraisal
• Health & Safety Responsibilities
Education: Recognized College Diploma or University Degree
Skills/Abilities: • Have proven experience in sales and marketing with Campus Living Centres properties, or equivalent outside experience.
• Possess ability and desire to sell accommodation to various
• Strong organizational, communications, and customer service skills;
verbal & written.
• Be computer literate with experience in Microsoft applications.
• Preparedness to meet the obligations of this position, including
evening, nights and weekends.
• Strong leadership skills, ability to make on the spot decisions, and
the ability to please others when situations arise.
Experience Required: Minimum of 1 year industry experience or equivalent management experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Campus Living Centres policy to promote equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Campus Living Centres does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status or sexual orientation. Campus Living Centres prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the grounds listed above. This applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.
If you require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please email us to make your accommodation request at firstname.lastname@example.org
Campus Living Centres was founded in 1989 with the purpose of assisting colleges and universities and with the planning, design, financing, and management of student housing and conference facilities. As the largest operator of student housing in Canada, Campus Living Centres (and our affiliated companies) has a portfolio of approximately 23,000 beds, which includes a combination of both managed and/or owned student housing developments.
Campus Living Centres uses an integrated service delivery approach to student housing management that improves the financial performance of housing operations, while enhancing the student experience. As a result, we have been selected as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. This designation is considered a mark of excellence for Canadian owned and managed companies, and we are proud to be affiliated with a community that recognizes and celebrates Canadian business excellence.